Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A VERY Dangerous Phrase


Have you ever said the following about your own life?


"I'm Not Doing Too Badly"

"I'm All Right"





These phrases sound totally positive, don't they? Some would even go so far as to say these phrases are "self-nurturing". After all, if I don't believe in what I'm doing and where I'm going, who will?


But please understand that according to the Bible, there's a danger in this approach, IF we don't consider God. Here are a BUNCH of scriptures that describe the danger:



The way of a fool is right in his own eyes.
~ from Proverbs 12


Proverbs 14:12 (Contemporary English Version) - You may think you are on the right road, and still end up dead.

Proverbs 16:2 (Contemporary English Version) - We may think we know what is right, but the LORD is the judge of our motives.

Proverbs 21:2-3 (Contemporary English Version) - We may think we are doing the right thing, but the LORD always knows what is in our hearts. Doing what is right and fair pleases the LORD more than an offering.

Judges 17:6 - In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

Proverbs 3:5-8 (New Living Translation)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones.


The Bible tells us that there is a great danger in just doing what we think is right, if we don't seek God's will in our lives. Without God, we're in dangerous territory and don't even realize it.

Pray this with me: "Lord, thank you for showing me the value in seeking your will in my life today. Lead me, so that my ways please you. Protect me, so I don't get drawn into activities that move contrary to your plan for my life. Direct me, direct my path. And as I continue to walk, Lord, I'm asking you to guide me every step of the way."
Amen.

God Bless you.

© 2008 Scotty Ward

No comments: