Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Is God NOT God?

Good morning Lord. Good morning, everybody.

Our church is going through a summertime revival, the messages being given us every Tuesday and Friday evening. The Holy Spirit is palpable each time Evangelist Wych brings a new Word, and souls are being healed, delivered, and set free. Praise God!

Me? Well, I've been in a slump. Right in the middle of the revival! You see, I've had issues that are distracting my focus from God and his Word, to the cares and concerns of my life. Then a few nights ago, the Holy Spirit spoke to me, with four small words:

"Is God NOT God?"

How simple and yet how powerful. With those four words, my entire attitude changed. Because I believe God is capable of anything. He's a miracle-working God, and I've seen his work among the saints.

So nowadays, when life throws me a curve, this small question comes to remembrance, and my "big problems" suddenly shrink in comparison to the power of God.

So the next time you have a problem, issue, concern, or need, ask yourself these four words:

In the midst of our problems, is God not God?

Despite how bad it seems, is God not God?

Work problems? Is God not God?

Finances? Is God not God?

Family friction? Is God not God?

Do we truly believe what the Bible is telling us? God is still working the miracles described in Biblical times. But in order for Him to work in US, we need to be willing vessels for His miraculous works.

So tell Him today: "Have your way, God. Work your work in me, Lord."

And wait for the inevitable change. After all, is God NOT God?

© 2008 Scotty Ward

No comments: