Friday, October 17, 2008

Beltway? No Way!

When I first arrived in the Metro Washington D.C. area (from Abilene Texas), I was immediately struck by the aggressiveness of some drivers I encountered on the Capital Beltway (the freeway circling D.C.).  Their selfish and dangerous style of driving unnerved me so much, I literally swore that I would not drive on the Beltway again!

After a few months of this (I actually discovered routes to drive, so I'd avoid the Beltway), the Lord reminded me that every occupant in every vehicle out there was a SOUL.  After that reminder, driving on the Beltway (and elsewhere) became less of an 'adventure' for me.  Now, I can drive any highway, and aggressive drivers don't get to me.....  too much.


2 Peter 3:9 (New International Version) - The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (New Living Translation) - For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.  In those days when you pray, I will listen.  If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.


Lord, thanks for this reminder, that no matter how far anyone in the world has strayed from You, every single person who still draws a breath, still has a chance.

-
© 2008 Scotty Ward

No comments: