Monday, May 20, 2013

My Knees Hurt; THANK YOU!


Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!



My wife and I were attending a workshop downtown one Saturday, and because I didn't have change for parking, I parked the car in Virginia and took the Metro back to the event (having dropped her off at the workshop first, of course!).

On the return trip I was leaving the Pentagon City Metro, coming up the (stopped) escalator steps, and remarked to myself how my knees were hurting. I considered it a minor inconvenience, but definitely didn't have any sort of "God moment", thinking about my aching knees.

Until one minute later.

As I rounded the corner to leave the Metro station, I came across a cheerful gent, sitting in his wheelchair begging for change, because he only had one leg.

Thanks Lord for such an immediate and poignant reminder that your blessings come in all sizes and shapes, INCLUDING two (count 'em) knees that ache.

© 2010 Scotty Ward

No comments: