Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yes, But Why ME, Lord?

Lord, I love you and I trust you. You and I both know I'd be dead without you. I've messed up so much in my life, I should be dead right now. All I have of value is my belief and confidence in you. Everything else comes second. Of course I love my family dearly, but I also realize you've had a hand in their lives as well, so they're also part of your plan (even the ones who don't yet know you).

So I know and acknowledge you've had a hand in all my affairs, past, present, and (I pray) the future.

So why did you pick ME to be saved, Lord? It seems to me I'm already on the sidelines in my family. I mean, some of my kids won't even speak with me. And my parents and siblings seem to want to keep me at arm's length ("we'll come visit you, but we're NOT going to your church").

So why me, Lord? Why not my father or mother, who are so full of love and care for everyone? Seems to me they'd make finer choices than messed up old me. They seem to have done so much in their lives, and obviously transcend the lines of division so prevalent in the family. Why me, and not them? I don't mean to be telling you how to do your business, but doesn't that make more sense?

2 Timothy 1:9 (NLT)- "It is God who saved us and chose us to live a holy life. He did this not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan long before the world began - to show his love and kindness to us through Christ Jesus."

Lord, I don't understand, but I trust your plan for my life and those around me. You've called me not because of anything I've done. You've called me because you're God. Amen.

P.s. Lord, while I've got your attention, could I ask you to please save my family as well? You gave them to me, and I sure do love them. Thanks.


© 2008 Scotty Ward

No comments: