Friday, April 11, 2008

Comfort of the Scriptures

Good morning Jesus. Good morning world.

I gotta be honest. This blog is as much for me, as it is for those others who may read it. I plan to place thoughts, messages, and correspondence that will help the reader (including me) realize that they can make it yet one more day.

So let me lead off with one of those powerful scriptures. Romans 15:4:

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Here's the same verse in the New Living Translation:

Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.

We're here to be taught, to grow, to learn through the messages in the Scriptures. And these messages give us hope and encouragement.

Thank you, Lord.

No comments: