Thursday, April 10, 2008

Just give me Jesus

The Lord is sooooo good. I love to tell people about Him and what a difference He has made in my life. I wasn't always this fired up about Jesus. In fact, I spent the first 35 years of my life thinking I was a Christian. But then, in May of 1993, the Lord saved me in a wonderful way, and as I look back, I realize I had been nothing more than an "intellectual Christian"; Jesus was in my head, but not in my heart.

The Bible in Romans 10:9 says, "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Does it sound too simple for someone who created the universe, the world, and everything on it? Well, the Bible also says in 1 Corinthians 1:18, "the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

I admitted it long ago. No matter how much I study or how hard I work at it, I can not fully comprehend God. He's bigger than my tiny head can fathom.

But He's real. He loves me. And even though I've never deserved this awesome love, it's still offered to me.

It just blows my mind.

God Bless You.

No comments: