Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Just Can't Beat God's Giving

If this hadn't just happened to me, I'd be skeptical. But I must share.

Recently, a visiting church came to ours in Waldorf. I struck up a conversation with one of the deacons from that church. We both have rather painful pasts, and we discussed how God seems to allow us to go through uncomfortable situations in order to prepare us for greater ministries. During our conversation, I mentioned I'm reading The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren during my morning devotions. He hadn't heard of the book, but sounded interested.

I hadn't finished with my copy (still had a few chapters to go), but on Sunday I quietly (and with permission of his pastor) handed him my copy of the book. I gave freely, expecting nothing. I figured I could always buy another copy (some day), to complete my morning meditations.

Less than 48 hours later at work, on Tuesday morning, without warning or discussion, one of my teammates walked up to me and said "Hey Scotty, they're giving these away on the Pentagon concourse." and handed me a book.

Yep, you guessed it. Purpose Driven Life.

Glory to God. I guess I can continue my morning meditations in this book. There's apparently something important that I shouldn't miss in those last few chapters.

God Bless YOU.

No comments: