Friday, April 25, 2008

"Couldn't You Tone It Down a Bit?"

My message is different from most others. Some may find some of my blogs questionable, perhaps a bit 'harsh'.

Some people may cringe, some may be uncomfortable when they read about certain parts of my life. The issue (as I see it) is that these events have served to DEFINE me. I'm not a "cradle Christian"; I didn't grow up in the church. I AM without a doubt one of those eleventh hour Christians that the others get upset about (Matt 20). I AM the prodigal son that the older brother gets upset about (Luke 15). I AM the thief on the cross (Luke 23), the man from Gadara (Mark 5, Luke 8) and the Samaritan woman (John 4), the lost sheep and the lost coin (Luke 15), who have come to God's grace ONLY through the love and mercy of the Father, and NOT through my own efforts at achieving righteousness.

I AM, simply because HE IS (Exod 3:14). And so I can honestly speak FROM EXPERIENCE to encourage those other wounded, battered, beat-down people who think they're too far gone for God to care about.

I can't deny that my path has been different than everyone else's. In fact, it is BECAUSE of that long, painful path He's led me through, that I give Him that crazy praise I do (I'm crying at my desk as I type this). I owe God for my very breath.

And if He can do this for me, he can CERTAINLY do it for others who are still out there in the world. I may ruffle some feathers when I speak about myself; so be it. Some may look at me funny, or stop speaking to me. Some may even try to speak to my pastor; So be it. Nothing can change who I am and where God has brought me from.

It's no cliche when it comes from my lips: GOD HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME.

I've probably said this in earlier blogs, but it bears repeating. When I accepted God's call to the ministry, I told him that I would do it even if it meant being an example. He saved me, and I'm a product of that loving salvation.

So I'll keep on praising Him. I'll keep on telling my story, even if it makes some people uncomfortable. I don't mean to make people upset. But it is, after all, my testimony to tell.

God Bless You All.

No comments: